Thursday, September 5, 2013

Stand by Your Men!

"Sometimes its hard to be a woman
Giving all your love to just one man..."


Sometimes lyrics to a great song can ring so true, yet lead us astray.  Even though, as a stay at home mom, I agree with the lyrics to her song 100%, I feel she lost touch with another man for whom deserves just as much praise and love.  This man I speak of is of course the one and only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  My unconditional love for both of these men has taught me that the things I once thought to be valuable in life are really meaningless.  

Some people may wonder how a well-educated woman like myself has chosen to give up a career in teaching and instead focus solely on being a stay at home mom.  It definitely was a tough decision, but looking back on it, I would have it no other way.  I am glad that I have an educational background, because it truly helps with being a mom.  However, the thousands of dollars spent on books from my years at UNC didn't teach me nearly as much as what I've learned from the Bible.

It does seem silly that by leaving the workplace, my husband and I are giving up basically half the income that we once had.  However,  that share of the income was usually put towards needless possessions.  I was as guilty as any lady out there....SHOES! SHOES! SHOES!  Now I am happy wearing some slip-on's from Wal-Mart... as long as they allow me to run fast enough to keep up with two energetic boys.  Before my sons came along, my husband and I loved the night-life.  The money spent on drinks and a nice meal was nothing in comparison to the money wasted on outfits.  I'll admit it, I've seen the SNL commercial parody, "Mom Jeans,"  and you know what, I have them... and they're DARN COMFORTABLE!!  I see no reason to dress to impress, because there are only four men in this world who are worthy of impressing...  My husband, my sons, and the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

So yes, Tammy... I will Stand by My Men!!

No comments:

Post a Comment